CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Where Does The Time Go?

My girl is officially a 2 years old. We had her birthday party yesterday with family. She has finally gotten the hang of presents and went right to town on them when we brought them out. The funny thing was though that she got so serious about the presents. She didn't crack one smile the whole time she was opening them. She concentrating very hard on getting them open and then deciding which ones she wanted to play with right now. Look at that concentration on her face. She had a job to do and she was going to do it well.

Daddy thought it was funny to pile all of her bows on her head while she was opening presents. She was concentrating so hard that she didn't even notice they were on her head until she was all done.

On her birthday and for her birthda party I painted her finger nails for the very first time. She loved it. She felt so pretty and kept looking at her nails. The really funny part though was when I blew on her nails to dry them she kept saying "hot" "hot". I had to keep telling her "not hot just wet". Silly girl!! Here are her nails all painted and full of frosting from digging into the cake. Here you can see that concentration again. She's usually not so serious. She is actually a VERY silly girl.

On her actual birthday we went and had a girls day out and did some shopping and had lunch. It was alot of fun and exactly what I always hoped to do with my daughter. Here is a picture of her on her actual birthday. She's such a girly girl and I love it.

I just can't believe she is 2 years old. We talked to her birthmom on the phone yesterday as well and she is having a hard time believing it's been 2 years as well. She seems to be doing really well. She is busy with her other 2 children. They were at a parade when we called so we couldn't talk long but it was nice for her to be able to talk to Asha and for Asha to be able to hear her birthmom's voice. Asha didn't say much because she was watching me frost her birthday cake and REALLY wanted some of that frosting but she was listening to everything her birthmom said. It was really sweet.

6 comments:

Patti said...

Mandy - Glad to hear Asha's birthday was such a big hit. She's so so beautiful. I especially love the pic in the purple jumper. :)

Mandy said...

I love the picture too. I think she looks like a model in that picture. Her birthmom actually did some modeling in High School and I keep thinking if we lived in a bigger city that I might try with Asha. She doesn't always perform when you want her to though so that might be a problem. She's just so cute I want everyone to see her.

Anne said...

Happy Birthday, Asha!

Love the photos -- she's adorable!!

DeAnna said...

Your daughter is beautiful! And Happy Birthday to her! With Amelia just turning 1 and Isabella turned 3 in January, I think they should not be allowed to grow up so quick! :) I'm amazed and jealous of the open relationship you have with Asha's birthmother. I wish our girl's birthmothers wanted contact -- I'm still praying maybe someday! (Amelia was born in Florida too)

Mandy said...

Thanks for all the compliments on my girl.

Deanna sorry to hear that your daughters birthmothers don't want open adoptions. Hopefully some day they will change their minds and want some contact.

Bek said...

what a big girl....

She looks so pretty in pink. I love that color on Norah too... our girls should only ever wear pink....